The Academy offers a series of medical-related professional services, which ease manpower shortage in public healthcare system in Hong Kong and upkeep professional standard of medical and dental profession.
The Academy has been approached from time to time by the Hong Kong Police Force and other government departments, The Medical Council of Hong Kong, The Dental Council of Hong Kong, as well as legal ﬁrms, for assistance in identifying Fellows who could be expert witness. In this regard, the Academy has invited Fellows who are interested in being expert witness to submit information to the Secretariat since 2010. A List was compiled and has been made available to many enquirers upon formal request since then.
The role of the Academy is a coordinator, and Fellows selected to assist in particular cases would be contacted directly by the parties concerned. The Academy will not be involved in any of those cases. Fellows who wish to have their names added to this List may now complete and return the reply form to the Academy.
Those included in the List should be able to conduct themselves fairly and professionally, and be able to produce an impartial expert report of adequate quality.
The Academy provides Temporary Medical Registration service following the principles and rules governed by the law, with an aim to support hospitals and medical-related institutions to organise CME/CPD programmes for medical and dental specialists in Hong Kong. Through the service, the Academy, supports individual medical professionals who are nominated by medical superintendent or Chairperson of relevant Specialist CME/CPD Committee, to perform any CME/CPD accredited clinical teaching or research in a private hospital.
View and download Guidance Notes and Application Form for Temporary Medical Registration
- A three-month time is in general required for Constituent Colleges, Education Committee and Academy Council to process each application for Temporary Medical Registration. The Medical Council of Hong Kong may also require one more month to approve the application. Applicants are thus advised to well schedule the timeline with sufficient buffer time and send the application.
- Any applications submitted less than two months before the clinical teaching or research will not be considered.
Macao Academy of Medicine
- Nomination of External Examiners
Drug Office of the Department of Health, Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Nomination of expert for giving comments on new drug applications
- Nomination of specialists as members of Selection Boards for Consultant posts
- Verification of qualifications for Limited Registration applications
- Sharing of comments on credentialled procedures and activities being promulgated by Hospital Authority
- Introductory letter for booking accommodation at Royal Society of Medicine
- Certification of Fellowship status for promotion
- CME / CPD accreditation for conferences and meetings
Application for CME / CPD accreditation (for events held in Hong Kong only)
Application to be CME / CPD Organisers
CME / CPD Organisers must apply for an organiser login account to access the iCMECPD before they can submit applications for accreditation of CME / CPD events. Please note that only events held in Hong Kong will be accredited by the Academy. Organisers may send an email request to the Academy Secretariat via email@example.com. Once an account is created, the CME / CPD Organiser may create an applicant account for its representative (e.g. a staff, member, agent, sponsor, etc.) to access the iCMECPD, which he/she can then log in via his/her account.
Application for accreditation of CME / CPD events
CME / CPD points are awarded based on the criteria laid down by the accreditors (e.g. type, title and duration of the event, target audience, speakers and the contents presented or discussed at an event). CME / CPD Organisers need to provide the additional information such as programme details, synopsis / abstract of topic(s), Curriculum Vitae (CV) of speaker(s) in the online application as much as possible to facilitate the accreditation process.
Applications for accreditation of events may be submitted via the online system - iCMECPD. Please click here to log in.
Upon successful submission of an accreditation application, an acknowledgement email will be sent to the applicant. The applicant may use the event ID assigned to his / her application as a reference number for any enquiries with the Academy / Colleges. The applicant will be notified via email when the application is approved or rejected by the Academy / Colleges. The approved event will then be posted on the iCMECPD Event Calendar.
Frequently asked questions
If you have question on matters related to the application for CME/CPD accreditation, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions or email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to find the answer there.